- Decide how you want to take cannabis. Cannabis oil is available in sprays, capsules, edibles and other forms.
- Find your ratio. Cannabis products have varying amounts of CBD and THC. A high CBD or high THC product is not necessarily superior to a strain or product with a balanced ratio. Find the proper combination to optimize your therapeutic use of cannabis.
Click here to learn more about finding the correct cannabis ratio for you.
- Begin with a low dose. This is important, especially if you have little or no experience with cannabis.
- Take a few small doses over the course of a day rather than one big dose.
- Use the same dose and ratio for several days. Observe the effects and if necessary adjust the ratio or amount.
- Don’t overdo it. “Less is more” is often the case with cannabis therapeutics.
- Be aware of possible side effects. Cannabis is a safe and forgiving medicine. But depending upon delivery method and individual tolerance, it can amplify anxiety and mood disorders. Other possible side effects are dry mouth, dizziness and faintness.
- Consult your healthcare provider. Proceed cautiously, especially if you have a history of alcohol or drug abuse, mental illness, are pregnant or breastfeeding, or are taking other medications.